The Occupational & Environmental Health & Safety Committee has a
strong interest in issues such as environmental health and safety, ergonomic, latex
allergy, workplace violence, needlestick injuries, occupational asthma, hazardous
drugs and chemicals, health and safety policy, including contract language, and
other related issues.
Members of the Committee
Debra Brogan, BSN, RNC
Kim Armstrong, BSN, RNC
Karen R. Bowman, MN, RN, COHN-S
Sally A. Budack, RN
Butch de Castro, PHD, MSN/MPH, RN
Margaret M. Flanagan, BSN, RN
Roberta L. Gerard, RNC
Patricia D. Tobis, MN, RN, CCM
Judith Turner, RN
Susan Wilburn, BSN, MPH, RN
- Promote health and safety through awareness and education among nurses in all settings.
- Provide advice and recommendations to wsna leadership in the development of policy,
coalition partnerships, and research efforts regarding specific health and safety
- Support opportunities for nurses interested in health and safety issues to network,
consult and communicate among peers.
- Advocate to policymakers and the public about the issues and role of nurses in workplace
and environmental health.
- Respond to emerging occupational and environmental health threats.