Promoting health and safety awareness and education among nurses in all settings; advocating for a safe and healthy environment.
The WSNA health and safety program is designed to address the workplace and environmental health and safety concerns of the nursing profession.
Members of the Health & Safety Committee have a strong interest in issues such as environmental health and safety, ergonomic, latex allergy,workplace violence, needlestick injuries, occupational asthma, hazardous drugs and chemicals, health and safety policy, including contract language, and other related issues.
- Promote health and safety through awareness and education among nurses in all settings.
- Provide advice and recommendations to wsna leadership in the development of policy, coalition partnerships, and research efforts regarding specific health and safety topics.
- Support opportunities for nurses interested in health and safety issues to network, consult and communicate among peers.
- Advocate to policymakers and the public about the issues and role of nurses in workplace and environmental health.
- Respond to emerging occupational and environmental health threats.