Date / Time
Feb 5, 2019, 8:00am–5:00pm Save to your calendar (.ics file)
Location (map below)
UW Center for Urban Horticulture
3501 NE 41st St
Seattle, WA 98105
New Day. New Location! This conference provides an annual update on clinical issues in midwifery care. Join us for a day of lectures, discussions and case study analysis, networking and dialoguing with speakers.
For certified nurse midwives, licensed midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- List preventive strategies that optimize bone health in females at various stages in lifespan from infancy through advanced age.
- Discuss the challenges of definitively diagnosing intrapartum intrauterine infection, current diagnostic criteria, and when treatment may be indicated.
- Present data on community birth hospital transfers in WA, including numbers, reasons for transfer, type of hospital care provider (CNM or OB) and outcomes.
- Discuss risk factors for VTE in pregnancy and postpartum and screening protocols, as well as assessment and work up for possible VTE.
- Describe means to diagnose fetal occiput malpositions in labor and their relative accuracy.