Date / Time
Oct 12, 2021 Save to your calendar (.ics file)
Registration is now open for Addressing Substance Use Disorder: The Path Forward, a virtual conference on substance use disorder, on October 12, 2021.
Alcohol and Drug misuse continues to exert a significant negative impact on society. The CDC reports that more than 93,000 people died of a drug overdose in the U.S. last year — a record number that reflects a rise of nearly 30% from 2019. Drug and alcohol misuse along with substance use disorder is increasing being recognized as a public health issue with multiple and overlapping causes.
This one-day informative and educational conference is hosted by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (NCQAC).
At this virtual event, you’ll learn about: #
- Overcoming stigma, shifting from exclusion and blame toward support and compassion
- Trends in providing access to treatment
- Integrated care and the use of medication-assisted treatment
- The growing use of peer support services
In addition, presentations focused on Caring for the Caregiver will address personal recovery and resilience, health promotion and self-care. Providing quality patient care requires a healthy workforce, and the past couple years have increased stress for everyone.
Six Continuing Education hours will be offered with attendance.
Consider attending this conference if you’re a #
- Behavioral health professional
- Public health professional
- Healthcare manager or administrator
- Social worker
- Human Resources professional
Use this link for more details, including registration information and the day’s agenda!
Please share this invitation with your colleagues.
We look forward to seeing you on October 12!