The Foundation works to advance the nursing profession and facilitate nursing’s contribution to the health of the community by:
- Distributing funds to increase public and professional knowledge and understanding of professional nursing, its science and its art.
- Providing an educational and charitable organization for individuals and groups dedicated to the support of the profession of nursing.
- Providing a means for soliciting, receiving and making financial and other contributions to the profession of nursing.
- Supporting and assisting the profession of nursing in maintaining and improving the quality of its services to the public.
How are funds used?
The Foundation provides grants and scholarships which:
- Provide financial assistance to qualified students currently enrolled in a community college, baccalaureate or advanced degree nursing program in Washington State.
- Encourage and provide for continuing diversity within the nursing profession.
- Encourage recruitment of qualified persons into the nursing profession.
- Support nurses who may have a financial need.
Why give? What are the benefits to the donor, the profession and the public?
Join the many nurses and friends of nursing who are interested in supporting the Foundation. You will have a part in directly recruiting new nurses and helping nurses to advance their education, thereby improving nursing care and as well as health in communities.
Ways to donate
Every person has different priorities and preferences. WSNF offers a number of options for giving to match your situation. Examples include:
- Gifts of cash or stock.
- Annual pledges.
- Employer contribution match.
- Donations made from 401K retirement payouts which count toward your annual minimum distribution.
- Planned giving through endowments such as life insurance policies or bequests in a will, charitable gift annuity or trust.
We advise you to consult an attorney, accountant, or financial planner regarding planned giving and the tax advantages of charitable gifts. Both you and the Foundation can benefit.
Etta B. Cummings Fund
- Etta B Cummings Fund Application Form (pdf; 111.404 kB)
The Washington State Nurses Foundation (WSNF) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) established in 1982 as a separate entity from WSNA. Our mission is to acquire and develop funds for clinical, and educational advancement of the nursing profession.