The leading voice and advocate for nurses in Washington state #
The Washington State Nurses Association provides representation, resources and education that allow nurses to reach our full professional potential and focus on caring for patients and our communities.
WSNA has more than 17,000 members and represents the professional interests of more than 103,000 registered nurses who live and work in Washington. We leverage the collective voice of nurses to successfully advocate with employers, state agencies and the state Legislature for better working conditions, safe staffing fair compensation and patient safety.
The Washington State Nurses Association is the collective and leading voice, authority and advocate for the nursing profession in the state of Washington.
The Washington State Nurses Association provides leadership for the nursing profession and promotes quality health care for consumers through education, advocacy and influencing health care policy in the state of Washington.
- Nurses in Washington state will be informed on issues and trends that affect their professional practice.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will lead the profession wherever decisions are made affecting nursing and health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the profession and nurses.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will maintain and strengthen nursing’s role in client advocacy for consumer safety and quality health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will be responsive to cultural diversity needs of its members and to the consumers of health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will promote the professional development and advance the economic and general welfare of all nurses.