is a powerful voice in Olympia, representing the interests of nurses
and giving members the opportunity to weigh in on issues and make your
voices heard. Our annual legislative events draw hundreds of nurses and
nursing students to the state Capitol.
We amplify your voice to ensure you are heard.
WSNA has been at the forefront of every major advancement for the nursing profession since the organization was founded in 1908. We stay on top of industry trends and issues in Olympia and Washington, D.C., that impact local jobs and the nursing profession. Through regular updates and opportunities to participate in the political process, WSNA helps you stay informed and have a say in the decisions that impact your practice.
WSNA offers a broad range of education and training opportunities for members, including online classes, in-person workshops and conferences to help you advance your practice and advocate for nurses.
We help you reach your full professional potential.
WSNA offers support, resources and education that help you keep up with the latest trends in your field and enhance your professional competency. Your WSNA regional nurses association offers networking, education and scholarships. As a WSNA member, you’re also a Premier Member of the American Nurses Association, with access to additional resources, webinars and certification discounts.
As a union, WSNA represents nurses at more than 45 facilities around the state. We fight hard — at the negotiating table, in the community and on the picket line — to win good contracts.
We stand up for working conditions that allow you to focus on caring for patients.
WSNA leverages the collective voice of nurses to successfully advocate with employers, state agencies and the state Legislature for better working conditions, safe staffing, fair compensation and patient safety. We hold employers accountable by enforcing contracts, winning lawsuits and pressing state agencies for regulatory action.
Vision, mission and goals
The Washington State Nurses Association is the collective and leading voice, authority and advocate for the nursing profession in the state of Washington.
The Washington State Nurses Association provides leadership for the nursing profession and promotes quality health care for consumers through education, advocacy and influencing health care policy in the state of Washington.
- Nurses in Washington state will be informed on issues and trends that affect their professional practice.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will lead the profession wherever decisions are made affecting nursing and health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the profession and nurses.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will maintain and strengthen nursing’s role in client advocacy for consumer safety and quality health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will be responsive to cultural diversity needs of its members and to the consumers of health care.
- The Washington State Nurses Association will promote the professional development and advance the economic and general welfare of all nurses.