The Labor Executive Council (formerly the Cabinet on Economic and General Welfare) is the democratically elected governing body for WSNA’s union-related work statewide. To be eligible for election or appointment to the council, a person must hold current membership in WSNA, be represented for collective bargaining by WSNA, and meet the WSNA definition of staff nurse.
Functions of the Council
- Set priorities for functions and activities of WSNA labor relations.
- Create program objectives and periodically evaluate the state of the economic and general welfare program.
- Develop and review policies and procedures relating to the conduct of collective bargaining, contract administration, contract enforcement, organizing and other labor relations activities.
- Promote economic and general welfare education programs.
- Encourage the organization of local units in collective bargaining and related labor relations activities on behalf of nurses.
- Establish standards for local units and approve local unit rules.
- Enact fiscal policies for managing and governing economic and general welfare-designated funds.