The Washington State Nurses Association is the only organization dedicated exclusively to advancing the profession for more than 110,000 registered nurses in Washington. In fact, WSNA has been at the forefront of every major advancement for the nursing profession in Washington since the organization was founded in 1908.
When you join, you make nursing stronger by adding your voice to ours. As a member, you have opportunities for growth, connection, and being part of a movement to bring nurses to the table for all major health decisions. You’ll get insight into the major trends and developments in nursing, get a say on what issues matter most, and become a force for the more than 110,000 nurses in Washington state,
WSNA has two types of members – those who join our union, and those who join as individuals to be part of their professional association. All members take part in our priorities and governance and receive numerous benefits.
In addition, our union members join together to negotiate and enforce superior contracts, led by WSNA labor attorneys. With the union, you are never alone in fighting for what you and your patients deserve.
- 100s of free and discounted online courses to choose from via ANA and WSNA.
- ANCC certifications are discounted for members only
- WGU nursing education discount allows WSNA members are eligible to apply for the $2,500 Healthcare Partners Fund scholarship and to receive a 5% discount on tuition for four terms when enrolled in one of many nursing-related programs.
- ANA publications like the Code of Ethics for Nurses – get them at a discount!
- Washington Nurse Magazine is our award-winning publication and an avenue to share your story and perspective.
- WSNF grants and scholarships are available to members and nursing students.
- Advocate for nurses and the profession through action alerts, legislator meetings and WSNA’s annual Lobby Day.
- Join WSNA’s PAC board and help decide which candidates for election receive the PAC’s coveted endorsement.
- Take on a leadership role and get involved in the future of nursing.
- Support your union local unit by getting involved, from signing a petition to local unit chair, we have a role for you!
- NSO professional liability insurance is recommended by WSNA as the program best suited for its members.
- LegalShield offers legal and identity theft protection at a reduced rate to WSNA members. The company has been providing legal services for more than 40 years.
- Aflac offers a distinct type of protection. Unlike traditional major medical health insurance, they pay you. See their cancer and accident plans.
- Bright Now! Dental offers active WSNA Union members, Retirees and Union families savings simply by choosing to go to a office for their dental care. Whether you have dental insurance or not, you save money!
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently located near WSNA headquarters, and discounted rooms are available to WSNA members.
- ANA Premier membership is automatic and includes additional savings and discounts.
- AFT discounts available to union members of WSNA include dozens of options, from travel to shoes, computers to counseling.
Sign up via our secure online forms for Individual Membership or Union Membership.