- Bylaws (Oct. 2017) (pdf; 343.105 KiB)
Proposed changes for 2019
The WSNA Bylaws/Resolutions Committee met over the course of this past biennium to review the WSNA Bylaws in depth and develop proposed amendments which were sent as recommendations to the WSNA Board of Directors for approval. Additional members were also engaged in this work via the Cabinet, Districts, Dues Task Force, and other forums to provide input and recommendations. For many sections, specific Parliamentarian and legal advice was also obtained.
There are two types of recommended amendments to the WSNA Bylaws: Non-substantive and Substantive. The Non-Substantive Amendments contain several types of minor modifications that the Bylaws Committee believes brings further clarity, simplification, and refinement to the Bylaws. Substantive Amendments are changes, new additions or deletions, and updates to existing bylaws language.
The proposed Bylaws Amendments will be reviewed during the upcoming General Assembly on May 2, 2019. Once adopted they will then be voted upon by the WSNA membership via a mailed ballot.
If you have any questions, or need further clarification, you may contact Sally Watkins, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROPOSED SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES TO THE WSNA BYLAWS (pdf; 420.965 KiB)
- PROPOSED NON-SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES TO THE WSNA BYLAWS (pdf; 184.868 KiB)
- Wsna Bylaws Amendments 2018 11 14 Final (pdf; 512.975 KiB)
- Process for WSNA Resolutions (pdf; 108.61 KiB)
- 1 - Supporting ANA's Principles For Health System Transformation (pdf; 64.862 KiB)
- 2 - Prescription Drug Prices (pdf; 66.149 KiB)
- 3 - Ending Billing Practices That Contribute To Medical Debt (pdf; 55.938 KiB)
- 4 - Reaffirming Opposition To 'Right to Work' Legislation (pdf; 52.502 KiB)
- Courtesy Resolution 1 - In Honor of Outgoing WSNA Board Members (pdf; 42.882 KiB)
- Courtesy Resolution 2 - In Honor of WSNA Staff (pdf; 47.245 KiB)
- 1 - Support for Public Health Funding and Services (pdf; 71.752 KiB)
- 2 - Prevention of Workplace Violence (pdf; 58.679 KiB)
- 3 - Opposing "Right to Work" Laws (pdf; 52.718 KiB)
- 4 - Strengthening Nurse Staffing Laws to Save Lives and Prevent Errors (pdf; 129.741 KiB)
- Emergency Resolution 1 - Health Care Providers, Public Health, and Education About Gun Violence (pdf; 194.132 KiB)
- 1 - Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered Food (pdf; 206.359 KiB)
- 2 - Child Health Initiative: Registered Nurse-to-Student Ratios (pdf; 296.472 KiB)
- 3 - Providing Leadership to Preventing Overmedication of Older Adults (pdf; 107.164 KiB)
- Main Motion (pdf; 51.931 KiB)
- Emergency Resolution - Support for Nurses Collective Bargaining and Free Speech Rights (pdf; 47.818 KiB)
- 1 - Workplace Health and Safety Committee Engagement (pdf; 51.359 KiB)
- 2 - Disaster and Emergency Preparedness (pdf; 52.708 KiB)
- 3 - 12 Hour Shifts (pdf; 51.503 KiB)
- 1 - Safety Precautions and Workclothing in Clinical Environments (pdf; 18.743 KiB)
- 2 - Achieving Support and Permanent Funding for Public Health (pdf; 30.899 KiB)