- Bylaws (Oct. 2017) (pdf; 351.34 kB)
Proposed changes for 2019
The WSNA Bylaws/Resolutions Committee met over the course of this past biennium to review the WSNA Bylaws in depth and develop proposed amendments which were sent as recommendations to the WSNA Board of Directors for approval. Additional members were also engaged in this work via the Cabinet, Districts, Dues Task Force, and other forums to provide input and recommendations. For many sections, specific Parliamentarian and legal advice was also obtained.
There are two types of recommended amendments to the WSNA Bylaws: Non-substantive and Substantive. The Non-Substantive Amendments contain several types of minor modifications that the Bylaws Committee believes brings further clarity, simplification, and refinement to the Bylaws. Substantive Amendments are changes, new additions or deletions, and updates to existing bylaws language.
The proposed Bylaws Amendments will be reviewed during the upcoming General Assembly on May 2, 2019. Once adopted they will then be voted upon by the WSNA membership via a mailed ballot.
If you have any questions, or need further clarification, you may contact Sally Watkins, Executive Director at email@example.com.
- PROPOSED SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES TO THE WSNA BYLAWS (pdf; 431.068 kB)
- PROPOSED NON-SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES TO THE WSNA BYLAWS (pdf; 189.305 kB)
- Wsna Bylaws Amendments 2018 11 14 Final (pdf; 525.286 kB)
- Process for WSNA Resolutions (pdf; 111.217 kB)
- 1 - Supporting ANA's Principles For Health System Transformation (pdf; 66.419 kB)
- 2 - Prescription Drug Prices (pdf; 67.737 kB)
- 3 - Ending Billing Practices That Contribute To Medical Debt (pdf; 57.28 kB)
- 4 - Reaffirming Opposition To 'Right to Work' Legislation (pdf; 53.762 kB)
- Courtesy Resolution 1 - In Honor of Outgoing WSNA Board Members (pdf; 43.911 kB)
- Courtesy Resolution 2 - In Honor of WSNA Staff (pdf; 48.379 kB)
- 1 - Support for Public Health Funding and Services (pdf; 73.474 kB)
- 2 - Prevention of Workplace Violence (pdf; 60.087 kB)
- 3 - Opposing "Right to Work" Laws (pdf; 53.983 kB)
- 4 - Strengthening Nurse Staffing Laws to Save Lives and Prevent Errors (pdf; 132.855 kB)
- Emergency Resolution 1 - Health Care Providers, Public Health, and Education About Gun Violence (pdf; 198.791 kB)
- 1 - Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered Food (pdf; 211.312 kB)
- 2 - Child Health Initiative: Registered Nurse-to-Student Ratios (pdf; 303.587 kB)
- 3 - Providing Leadership to Preventing Overmedication of Older Adults (pdf; 109.736 kB)
- Main Motion (pdf; 53.177 kB)
- Emergency Resolution - Support for Nurses Collective Bargaining and Free Speech Rights (pdf; 48.966 kB)
- 1 - Workplace Health and Safety Committee Engagement (pdf; 52.592 kB)
- 2 - Disaster and Emergency Preparedness (pdf; 53.973 kB)
- 3 - 12 Hour Shifts (pdf; 52.739 kB)
- 1 - Safety Precautions and Workclothing in Clinical Environments (pdf; 19.193 kB)
- 2 - Achieving Support and Permanent Funding for Public Health (pdf; 31.641 kB)