Join an organization advocating for nurses and dedicated to improving the health of individuals and families in Washington state.
WSNA is the leading voice and advocate for nurses in Washington. We represent more than 17,000 collective bargaining members and the professional interests of more than 103,000 registered nurses. For more than 100 years, WSNA has championed issues that support nurses, advance professional standards and improve the health of individual and families in Washington state.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. WSNA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success in serving our membership, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Perks and benefits of working at WSNA
- Generous paid time off – 14 holidays plus additional floating holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- December break – we close down operations between Christmas and the new year so you can spend time with your family and friends
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Flexible healthcare spending account with annual employer grant
- Community volunteering – one paid workday per year to participate in a local charitable event, plus annual holiday food and gift drives
- Professional development – up to $450 per year for tuition or other expenses relating to further education or professional growth; up to $3,000 per year for tuition at an accredited university toward a degree related to your job
- Pension for union-represented positions and 401(k) retirement accounts for all positions
- Knowing that the work you do improves the lives of nurses and patients throughout the state