The Washington State Nurses Association is committed to increasing the preparedness of nurses to provide nursing care during periods of disaster or other emergencies. Additionally, we are engaged in examining various policy questions concerning the delivery of care under crisis and suboptimal conditions. Scope of practice, legal and regulatory implications, as well as the registration, mobilization and deployment of nurse responders during emergencies are some of the areas requiring immediate attention and focus. Promoting individual preparedness is also a top priority of the association.
Emergency Worker Program and Registration
- Be Prepared! Emergencies and Disasters (pdf; 136.496 KiB)
These groups ensure that volunteers have access to training and will be utilized according to the appropriate response plans:
- Washington Military Department - Emergency Management Division
- American Red Cross - Learning Center
- Public Health Emergency - National Disaster Medical System
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- To support ongoing relief and humanitarian efforts, visit the American Red Cross and donate to the general fund or a specific program.
Be prepared! WSNA has negotiated with a discount for its members with locally-based emergency kit supplier American Preparedness. Find out more.