- Registered Nurses from Kadlec Regional Medical Center, from among the 800+ represented by WSNA.
- Community members
- WSNA President Jan Bussert
- WSNA Labor Director Christine Himmelsbach
- Monday, November 9, 4 to 6 p.m., speakers at 5 p.m.
- Nurses and other speakers available for media interviews at 4 p.m.
- John Dam Plaza, 1815 George Washington Way, Richland
- Support the RNs Who Care for You
Every day, the nurses at Kadlec put their patients first, covering staff shortages and skipping breaks to give patients their all. But inadequate staffing policies and proposed cuts to nurses’ paid time off and sick leave threaten RNs’ ability to provide the very best care.
Nurses’ are at risk of permanently losing significant sick time and vacation accrual. Do you want the nurses at your bedside coming in sick or working while fatigued because they can’t take vacation? Of course not!
- Tell Kadlec to put Patient Before Profits
Since Kadlec’s affiliation with the major health care corporation Providence Health and Services, the relationship between the nurses and hospital management has deteriorated.
We can point to specific examples of changes in equipment and procedures that may be good for the hospital’s bottom line but are not in the best interests of patient safety. Nurses always put patients before profits, and we want Providence and Kadlec to do the same.
On Facebook at www.facebook.com/kadlecrns/
Contact: Ruth Schubert, Communications, (206) 713-7884, email@example.com