Membership in the Washington State Nurses Association works for you through information, advocacy, representation, protection and benefits. WSNA members can take advantage of a wide array of professional services and products offered at a substantial discount through the bulk purchasing power of the ANA and State Nurses Associations.
- Representation on the various state commissions, boards and agencies that govern the clinical practice of registered nurses and protect your right to practice nursing
- Nursing practice experts on staff available to answer your questions
- Full-time lobbyists representing you in Olympia and Washington, D.C.
- Experienced labor relations experts who represent the interests of nurses in WSNA collective bargaining units
- Subscription to The Washington Nurse, WSNA's award-winning quarterly magazine
- Automatic membership in the American Nurses Association, with all the discounts and benefits that ANA membership affords
- Uniform and professional apparel discounts available through ANA
- Significantly discounted ANCC Certification fees
- Discounted or free access to WSNA educational events
- Free access to WSNA palm cards, white papers, position papers, guidebooks and other resource documents
- Free online continuing education from WSNA, plus discounted online continuing education from ANA
- Eligibility for WSNF grants and scholarships
In addition, members enjoy discounts with our partner organizations listed below.
WSNA members and staff are eligible to apply for the $2,500 Healthcare Partners Fund scholarship, and receive a 5% discount on tuition for four terms when enrolled in one of these programs:
- B.S. Nursing (RN to BSN)
- B.S. Health Information Management
- B.S. Business—Accounting
- B.S. Business—Human Resource Management
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. Business—Marketing Management
- B.S. Cloud and Systems Administration
- B.S. Network Operations and Security
- MBA—Healthcare Management
- MBA—Information Technology Management
- M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- M.S. Nursing—Education
- M.S. Nursing—Leadership and Management
- M.S. Nursing—Nursing Informatics
- M.S. Nursing—Education (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Nursing—Leadership and Management (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Nursing—Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN Option)
Nurses Service Organization (NSO)
All practicing registered nurses should carry their own professional liability insurance and WSNA has selected NSO as the program best suited for its members. This plan is designed to meet the unique needs of today’s Nursing professionals and students of nursing as well as Home Health Care & Staffing Agencies. One affordable annual fee offers a wide range of plan features, including 24-hour protection for you whether you are on or off the job, license protection, assault coverage, deposition representation, personal injury protection, and more at no extra cost. For more information or to apply for coverage, contact NSO at 800-247-1500 for individual coverage or 888-288-3534 for group practice coverage, or visit NSO's website at www.nso.com.
LegalShield and IDShield
WSNA is pleased to offer legal and identity theft protection at a reduced rate through LegalShield, which has been providing legal services for more than 40 years. LegalShield offers affordable legal and identity theft protection. LegalShield gives you the power to access legal and identity theft advice and services when you need them, all for one low monthly fee.
Why would you need a legal plan? A legal service plan can help with all sorts of planned and unplanned legal issues. As a LegalShield member, you can rest assured that whether you’re facing a legal issue that’s big, small or somewhere in between, you’ll have access to legal advice and services when you need them.
Why should you protect your identity? Identity theft affects millions of Americans each year. Victims of identity theft can face issues such as lost job opportunities, problems with securing a loan or harassment from debt collectors. You can get the experts on your side with an identity theft protection plan. Services include access to your credit report (or consumer credit disclosure), consultations, expert restoration and more.
For special WSNA pricing, plan information and enrollment guidelines, please call Maureen Kures 425-765-0661 or Larry Fickel 360-981-2446 or visit www.legalshield.com/info/WSNAmembers.
Union Plus and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
WSNA is making Aflac's accident and cancer insurance policies available to our members. Aflac offers a distinct type of protection. Unlike traditional major medical health insurance, they pay you (unless otherwise assigned) - not the doctor or hospital. You control the cash benefits and spend them as you like to help with the financial challenges that an accident or illness could have to your standard of living. Over 40 million people worldwide have chosen Aflac because of our commitment to providing customers with the confidence that comes from knowing they have assistance in being prepared for whatever life may bring.
Bright Now! Dental
Bright Now! Dental has been involved in the union community for nearly 40 years and is pleased to be providing the WSNA an exclusive discount on general and specialty dental care. Whether you have dental benefits or not, you will experience cost savings of up to 40% on general dentistry and 35% on specialty dentistry.
This is not an insurance plan. There is no cost to participate and no restrictions. Your choice to receive dental care at one of their offices is voluntary. There are 22 locations in Washington making access to one of their offices convenient. Evening and weekend hours are also available.
Contact Carrie Magnuson, Union Account Executive, directly with your questions or for more information at Carrie.Magnuson@smilebrands.com or 253.405.4547.
Washington State Nurses Association and Staples Inc. have partnered to bring you a program that is specialized for your needs. Start saving now!
Choice Hotels International
Save 15% at over 5,000 participating Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn® and Suburban Extended Stay® brand hotels worldwide! Call 800.258.2847 or go to www.choicehotels.com. Book in advance and reference the ANA special rate identification number 00803235.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Enjoy a 5-20% discount on the 'Best Available Rate' at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter. Use special rate code 0002661603 at www.seattle.doubletree.com.