Membership in the Washington State Nurses Association works for you through information, advocacy, representation, protection and benefits. WSNA members can take advantage of a wide array of professional services and products offered at a substantial discount through the bulk purchasing power of the ANA and State Nurses Associations.
- Representation on the various state commissions, boards and agencies that govern the clinical practice of registered nurses and protect your right to practice nursing
- Nursing practice experts on staff available to answer your questions
- Full-time lobbyists representing you in Olympia and Washington, D.C.
- Experienced labor relations experts who represent the interests of nurses in WSNA collective bargaining units
- Subscriptions to , , and magazines, and
- Automatic membership in the American Nurses Association, with all the discounts and benefits that ANA membership affords
- Access to , which combines leading nursing resources that provide evidence based material for clinical decision making, education, training and staff development.
- Uniform and professional apparel discounts available through ANA
- Significantly discounted ANCC Certification fees
- Discounted or free access to WSNA educational events
- Free access to WSNA palm cards, white papers, position papers, guidebooks and other resource documents
- Free online continuing education from WSNA, plus discounted online continuing education from ANA
- Eligibility for WSNF grants and scholarships
In addition, members enjoy discounts with the following partner organizations:
Nurses Service Organization (NSO)
All practicing registered nurses should carry their own professional liability insurance and WSNA has selected NSO as the program best suited for its members. This plan is designed to meet the unique needs of today’s Nursing professionals and students of nursing as well as Home Health Care & Staffing Agencies. One affordable annual fee offers a wide range of plan features, including 24-hour protection for you whether you are on or off the job, license protection, assault coverage, deposition representation, personal injury protection, and more at no extra cost. For more information or to apply for coverage, contact NSO at 800-247-1500 for individual coverage or 888-288-3534 for group practice coverage, or visit NSO's website at www.nso.com.
Union Plus and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
WSNA is making Aflac's accident and cancer insurance policies available to our members. Aflac offers a distinct type of protection. Unlike traditional major medical health insurance, they pay you (unless otherwise assigned) - not the doctor or hospital. You control the cash benefits and spend them as you like to help with the financial challenges that an accident or illness could have to your standard of living. Over 40 million people worldwide have chosen Aflac because of our commitment to providing customers with the confidence that comes from knowing they have assistance in being prepared for whatever life may bring.
Bright Now! Dental
Bright Now! Dental has been involved in the union community for nearly 40 years and is pleased to be providing the WSNA an exclusive discount on general and specialty dental care. Whether you have dental benefits or not, you will experience cost savings of up to 40% on general dentistry and 35% on specialty dentistry.
This is not an insurance plan. There is no cost to participate and no restrictions. Your choice to receive dental care at one of their offices is voluntary. There are 22 locations in Washington making access to one of their offices convenient. Evening and weekend hours are also available.
Contact Carrie Magnuson, Union Account Executive, directly with your questions or for more information at Carrie.Magnuson@smilebrands.com or 253.405.4547.
Washington State Nurses Association and Staples Inc. have partnered to bring you a program that is specialized for your needs. Start saving now!
Choice Hotels International
Save 15% at over 5,000 participating Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn® and Suburban Extended Stay® brand hotels worldwide! Call 800.258.2847 or go to www.choicehotels.com. Book in advance and reference the ANA Special Rate Identification #00803235.