Since our last communication with you, much has happened around the recent workplace violence incidents at Kadlec.
Here’s what you can do to assist our efforts to make Kadlec a safe workplace for our nurses and our patients:
1. Take the survey – Thanks to the more than 120 nurses who have already taken the survey. If you haven’t please take 7 minutes to add your voice to our Workplace Violence & Safe Staffing survey. Your personal information will be kept confidential.
2. Come share your safety concerns and ask your questions - WSNA Senior Director of Labor Christine Watts and WSNA Occupational and Envirnomental Health Specialist Karen Bowman will be holding cafeteria time on Wednesday, Sept. 26 from 7-9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
3. Be visibly supportive of the issues and each other. Wear WSNA buttons now through our next day of negotiations on Tuesday, Sept. 25. You can get them from Martha Galvez in the birth center.
4. Show your union solidarity. Take pictures in your units wearing the buttons and holding signs of support for our team and each other (examples: United for Safety, RNs deserve a
fair contract, Protect our Nurses). Email those pictures to WSNA Nurse Representative Carmen Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 206-491-9424.
5. Stay informed and involved. Together, we can and must make Kadlec a safe place for our nurses, colleagues and patients. Attend a post negotiations meeting on Thursday, Sept. 27, from 5-8 p.m. in the Ringold Room at the hospital to get the latest negotiation update and add your voice to the conversation.
From your local unit officers,
Martha Galvez, Chair
Jacob Garcia, Vice Chair
Vanessa Douglas, Secretary
Joan Guercia, Treasurer
Kathy Peot, Grievance Officer
Toni Ledridge, Grievance Officer
Raquel Johnson, Member-at-Large
Carmen Garrison, WSNA Nurse Rep
For any questions or concerns, please contact WSNA Nurse Representative Carmen Garrison at email@example.com or at 206-491-9424.