It is time to nominate yourself or a colleague from your unit to represent your nurse colleagues on the Nurse Staffing Committee. The committee needs one regular attendee and one alternate.
The committee also needs a substitute Co-Chair for WSNA. Kim Finger, SSU, is your current Nurse Staffing Committee Co-Chair for WSNA. Kim will mentor and guide you as you begin.
The committee works together to do the following:
- Review annual and biannual staffing plans and voting whether to approve the plan;
- Review Staffing Concern Forms/ADOs and voting whether it is resolved or unresolved;
- Make recommendations for changes;
This committee meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 0800 – 1000.
All hours spent on this committee are paid time. Per your contract, if you are on shift, your manager and you will make arrangements for coverage so that you can attend.
All nominees will be contacted by the WSNA Nurse Representative and if they agree to participate, they will be appointed by the WSNA local unit’s Executive Board members. You must be a WSNA Member in good standing.
Three ways to submit your nomination:
- Complete the fillable version, Save it on your device, and email saved document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print a copy, complete the form, and Scan/Email to email@example.com
- Print a copy, complete the form and mail it to
WSNA, Attn: Hanna Welander
575 Andover Park W, Suite 101
Seattle, WA 98188