You wondered, so we asked.
Here are the answers to your burning questions provided by Shawna Unger, Senior Director of Human Resources:
We are currently undergoing a system upgrade and have limited resources to implement the new WSNA contract, because of this we are targeting a 11/15/19 implementation date with retro payments.
Below are the details regarding the articles that deal with compensation.
The following articles will be implemented effective 9/15/19 (which is the first full pay period following WSNAs ratification of the contract):
- 7.6 Paid Time
- 8.12 NEW Floating Outside of the Float Unit
The following articles will be targeted for implementation on the 11/15/19 paycheck
- 8.4 Nurse Team Leader. Nurse Team Lead $2.75 (previously $2.50) this is included in the caregivers base rate of pay so as per previous practice retro will go back to 3/31/19.
- Relief Team Lead $2.50 (previously $2.00) retro pay will go back to 9/15/19.
- 8.7 Certification Pay $1.25 (previously $1.10) retro will go back to 9/15/19
- 8.8 BSN/MSN $1.25 for BSN and/or MSN (previously $1.00) retro will go back to 9/15/19
- 8.11 Float Unit Differential $2.75 (previously $2.00) retro will go back to 9/15/19
- Appendix B Wage Scales. 3% increase will go back to 3/31/19. New Step 28 will go back to 3/31/19.
- House Nurses Charge pay will now be $2.75 (previously $2.00) retro will go back to 9/15/19
If you have any questions, please ask one of your local unit board members:
Sarah M. Newell, RN Local Unit Chair
Geraldine R. Falacy, RN Secretary
Michelle Leidal, RN Treasurer
Rhonda L. Tull, RN Grievance Officer
Susannah P. Ribeiro, RN Co-Communication Officer
Laura A. Bayes, RN Co- Membership Coordinator
Arlene L. Copps, RN Co- Membership Coordinator
Tracy E. Pullar, RNC Safety Officer
Or contact WSNA Nurse Representative Sue Dunlap MSN, RN, COS-C, at 206-575-7979, ext. 3005 or email@example.com.