As the Year of the Healthy Nurse comes to a close this December, it doesn't mean that the effort has to stop! This month, we are celebrating healthy eating and healthy holidays.
HNHN and the ANA have conducted research that shows only 16% of nurses eat the recommended 5+ servings of fruits and vegetables and nurses, on average, have a BMI of 27.6, an overweight range. Learn more by visiting the December 2017 Year of the Healthy Nurse page. Celebrate our final month by focusing on eating nutritionally well as we party with our friends and family. With the New Year approaching fast, consider eating healthy a part of your 2018 resolution!
Resources for creating and maintaining balance of physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, personal and professional wellbeing are available to you all year round. HNHN will be providing lots more opportunities with lots more in store for 2018 including:
- Read and comment on original blogs on healthy breakfast ideas, mindfulness, easy ways to eat more fruits and vegetables and more
- Participate in a book club (coming soon)
- Review HNHN’s annual report (coming soon)
- Take or retake HNHN’s health survey Join challenges (two now every month)
- Join challenges (two now every month)
Be sure to keep an eye out for more information on ANA’s 2018 Year of Advocacy. Check out www.rnaction.org for more information.
Happy, healthy holidays to you and your loved ones from WSNA! May your 2018 bring you joy and health.