1) Are you receiving your rightful certification pay?
Article 5.12 Certification (abbreviated)
Registered nurses will be eligible to receive a nursing certification premium under this Agreement as follows:
- A list of approved certification programs will be available on the intranet and kept in the Staffing Office.
- The Hospital will determine if the certification in question is directly relevant to that individual nurse's practice setting or area of employment.
- The nurse must document to the Hospital's satisfaction certification achievement and maintenance.
- Only one (1) certification premium rate can be credited per nurse, regardless of other certifications a nurse may have.
Do you have a certification that is not currently on the list of approved certification programs and want it to be added? According to the contract, new certification programs may be considered for addition to the list. Please contact WSNA Nurse Representative Sydne James to speak more about this.
2) Did you know that you are eligible to receive a certification stipend for continuing education and certification (or recertification) exam costs?
This certification stipend is limited to a maximum of $325 annually for full- and part-time RNs and $175 annually for on-call RNs who meet the minimum work requirements. Read more about this in article 12.6 of the contract.
Current list of approved RN Specialty Certifications:
CCRN, PCCN, CNRN, SCRN, CPAN, RN-BC, AFN-BC, NE-C, CPSN, CEN, CGRN, CGN, CPTC, CEPS, IBCLC, CRNI, CMSRN, CDE, CPN, CNOR, CRNFA, RNC, C-EFM, ONC, CRRN, CWOCN, CWCN, COCN, CCCN, CWON
If you have a specialty certification that is not on this list and you would like it to be considered as an approved certification for specialty pay, contact WSNA Nurse Representative Sydne James.