We have had another disappointing negotiation day with very minimal movement at the table. We did successfully fight off management’s proposal to subject more nurses to mandatory shift rotation.
We have our work set out for us to fight off:
- Losing sick (EIT) time and having it replaced with inadequate short-term disability
- Reduction of PTO for some nurses
- Unpredictability with health insurance
- Trying to weaken us as a union with open shop
- Increasing supplemental requirements
- Increasing mandatory call for unexpected vacancies on call units
- Eliminating the part-time nurse salary option
- An insulting 0.5% across the board wage increases for each year
We are working hard to improve staffing and language on workplace violence to keep nurses and patients safe. Our next negotiation dates are Feb. 21 and Feb. 27.
Save the date!
Feb. 25, 2019
Rally at Riverfront Park
Meet at the Rotary Fountain
Come on Providence, keep your promise: “Know me, care for me, ease my way.”
Share the file below of the sign with family and friends so they can print and post it from home!
- SHMC Yard Sign 2019 (pdf; 69.853 KiB)
Your WSNA Negotiation Team
Questions? Contact WSNA Nurse Rep Jaclyn Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.