Western Governors University (WGU) is kicking of National Nurses Week by offering up to $200,000 in scholarships for nurses across the nation who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in WGU’s College of Health Professions.
Each WGU Loves Nurses Scholarship is valued at up to $2,000 — $500 per six-month term for up to four terms. New and enrolling students can apply for these scholarships now through June 30 at www.wgu.edu/wgulovesnurses
To be eligible, scholarship applicants must be officially admitted to WGU, complete the scholarship application, and be interviewed by a WGU scholarship counselor.
While WGU will award up to 100 scholarships, recipients will be selected based on their academic records, financial need, and readiness for online study at WGU, among other considerations. WGU will also waive the $65 application fee for all scholarship applicants who apply by the scholarship deadline, just use the code: RNLOVE.
WGU degree programs that are eligible for use with the WGU Loves Nurses scholarship include:
- B.S. Nursing (Prelicensure)
- B.S. Nursing(RN to BSN online)
- B.S. Health Information Management
- B.S. Business — Healthcare Management
- M.S. Nursing — Education (for RNs with BSNs)
- M.S. Nursing — Leadership and Management (for RNs with BSNs)
- M.S. Nursing — Nursing Informatics (for RNs with BSNs)
- M.S. Nursing — Education (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Nursing — Leadership and Management (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Nursing — Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN Option)
- M.S. Integrated Healthcare Management
- MBA Healthcare Management
All WGU programs are competency-based, a model that measures learning rather than time spent in class. This allows health professionals to advance their careers without disrupting work or other obligations. Students complete their programs by studying on their own time and, once they are ready, proving what they have learned. Prior work experience and academic knowledge may enable students to accelerate through subject matter they already know, allowing them to save time and money.
Learn more about how WGU is giving back to nurses at www.wgu.edu/landing/nursesweek.
About WGU Established in 1997 by 19 U.S. governors with a mission to expand access to high-quality, affordable higher education, online, nonprofit WGU now serves 80,000 students nationwide and has 82,000 graduates in all 50 states.